You are making a difference by choosing Prisma Health as your selected cause for the proceeds from your purchase of Just Cause Scrubs. Please select the Prisma Health fund you wish to support:
- Prisma Health Nursing Excellence Fund: supports Prisma Health nursing continuing education, certifications, recognition, and more.
- Prisma Health Children’s Hospitals: supports the services and programs of our smallest patients and families.
- Prisma Health Cancer Programs & Services: supports the services and programs serving our cancer patients and their families.
- Prisma Health Emergency Medicine Residency Development Fund: supports the Prisma Health Emergency Residents program.
Prisma Health is the most extensive, most comprehensive, not-for-profit integrated healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds, and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience, and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
We strive daily to make a positive impact through our many talents, passion, and hard work. We are inspired to continue to improve the health and well-being of the communities we have the privilege to serve.
We’re on a journey to transform the healthcare experience for our patients and their families. That’s why our team members are dedicated to living our purpose:
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Areas of Expertise at Prisma Health Include Bariatric Surgery, Behavioral Care, Breast Care, Cancer Care, Geriatrics, Heart and Vascular Care, Musculoskeletal, Neuroscience, Obstetrics (including high-risk pregnancy and advanced neonatal ICU’s, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation, Spine Procedures, Surgery, Trauma Care (including the area’s only level I Adult and Level II pediatric trauma centers), and Women’s Care.
Making a difference.
Here are a few highlighted programs, services, and awards where Prisma Health is making a difference to the people in the communities we serve.
- Prisma Health achieved recognition by U.S. News & World Report in several healthcare categories – including Greenville Memorial being ranked among the nation’s Top 50 hospitals in gynecology care. That facility was also rated a High Performer in heart failure and in colon cancer surgery.
- Prevent Cancer–Greenville is a unique Prisma Health program that strives to prevent cancer two ways: Help individuals identify and reduce their risk through screenings and lifestyle changes and conduct research to better identify cancers in the future. A yearly visit for those age 18+ includes a complete health risk analysis, education, and referrals. The initial and ongoing annual visits are free, thanks to philanthropic support.
- Our Heart Hospital performed the first leaking aortic valve repair in South Carolina using a new FDA-approved device. In the past, most affected patients required valve replacement, which carries higher long-term risk than implanting this new technology.
- Under its Community Oncology Research Program, the National Cancer Institute awarded $8.2 million to Prisma Health’s Cancer Institute. Our institute was one of only 32 nationwide to receive a program grant.
- Greenville Memorial Hospital performed the 100th implant of the CardioMEMS™ HF System, a heart failure monitoring device that significantly reduces hospital admissions. Only 20 U.S. hospitals have implanted as many CardioMEMS devices; Richland has completed more than 170 implants – the fourth highest in the country.
- Six Prisma Health hospitals amassed 10 Women’s Choice Awards for meeting high standards. This award identifies the country’s best health entities based on recent data and accreditation information regarding clinical excellence and the preferences of women when selecting a hospital. Hillcrest earned a Women’s Choice Award for bariatric surgery. Greenville Memorial was honored for breast, cancer, and heart care; Baptist was also lauded for breast care. Greer Memorial received recognition for obstetrics and patient safety. Baptist Parkridge won awards for obstetrics and orthopedics, while Richland was named for its heart care.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and its state chapter recognized Children’s Hospital– Upstate and our Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Program for outstanding awareness, fundraising and advocacy efforts. Just 14 of the 200+ nationally accredited programs in cystic fibrosis won a national award.
Did you know?
- 45% of South Carolina’s population is within 15 minutes of a Prisma Health facility.
- We are one of just 120 academic health centers in the country.
- Our medical school in Greenville has been named an Apple Distinguished School.
- 70% of our postgraduate residents stay in South Carolina to practice.
- Prisma Health has 750 employee health business partners to help promote workforce wellness.
- 24% of the babies born in the state are delivered at Prisma Health.
- We house two Level I Trauma Centers and two Comprehensive Stroke Centers.
Prisma Health at a glance
- 18 hospitals
- 21-county service area
- 1.2 million unique patients treated
- More than 300 physician practice sites
- More than 2,900 licensed beds
- 15,500 babies delivered
- 31,500 inpatient and 71,500 outpatient surgeries
- 30,000 total team members (employees and physicians)
- 527,000 Emergency Department visits
- $4.3 billion total operating revenue
- 22 telehealth programs
- Two affiliated medical and two affiliated nursing schools
- Two clinically integrated networks with 4,500+ providers
- $4.3 billion total operating revenue annually
For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.